Review: Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Title: Hopeless (Hopeless #1)
Author: Colleen Hoover
Publication: December 19th 2012
Genre: NA Contemporary
Source: Owned
Goodreads

Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.


-- My Rating --
4/5 Oscars: Really liked it

-- My Thoughts --

     I have been hearing so many great things about Colleen Hoover for years now. And i felt really bad for not being a part of the wagon for this incredible author. I expected so much from this book and thankfully, it was just as great as i expected.
     Sky's life has never been quite normal. Always secluded from the world. but as her senior year approaches and she decides to go to a normal high school this time, her whole life changes when she meets Dean Holder. Enigmatic, mysterious and dangerous Holder. He's everything Sky never knew she needed. And everything she shouldn't want.
     This book is a character-driven romance, which is obvious. But there is also a huge plot going on. I loved that even though this book concentrates on the romance, there is still much more going on than we think. I loved that it tackled many different subjects; there is abuse, family drama, and friendship. There is not one dull moment throughout the whole book.
     Then, there is the romance. OMG, the romance is absolutely everything I wanted. It was so beautiful and real and the chemistry between Sky and Holder was palpable. I just loved every scene where they were together. It was so full of feelings, perfect.
     And the ending was absolutely amazing. The huge revelation and the little twists were not what I was expecting, but they were a really good surprise. Now, I finally understand why so many people are in love with Colleen Hoover, how can you not be? She writes the most amazing characters, ever. I can't wait to read another book of hers.

6 comments:

  1. I really liked this one as well! However this wasn't the one that sold me on Colleen Hoover. I just finished reading Maybe Someday by her and I loved it so much!! It was that book that convinced me of what an amazing author Colleen Hoover is.
    Great review :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being here!
      I am readnig her other books soon enough!

      Delete
  2. I loved this book, but I loved Losing Hope even more. Being inside Dean Holders head was perfect!! Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! Would you believe me if I told you that I still haven't read any Colleen Hoover book? Yeah, I'm so embarrassed to admit that. All of her books are sitting in my ever growing to-read shelf!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read something by Colleen Hoover. She is phenomenal. You are totally missing out
      Thanks for being here, though

      Delete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!