Review: Sound by Shelley Workinger

Name of book: Sound (Solid #3)
Author: Shelley Workinger
Publication: November 1st 2012
Genre: YA Paranormal
Source: Provided by the kind author...

Clio Kaid's had one crazy summer.

After learning she was one of a hundred teens who were genetically modified before birth, she and the others departed for "camp" at a classified military site.

Besides discovering her own special ability, uncovering a conspiracy, and capturing a killer, she's also forged new friendships, found love, and managed to lose them both.

With no answers and the end of summer closing in, Clio's terrified of going home more lost than when she arrived.

Will she finally find everything she's been looking for?

Find out in this exciting conclusion to the Solid trilogy.



-- My Rating --


4/5 Oscars: Really Liked It

-- My Thoughts --

     This is one of the series that I was really excited about. The first book was OK with typical characters, but the second book topped my expectations and came off much better. So I was expecting a lot from book three, and I think that I got what I bargained for.
Might contain minor spoilers if you have not read Solid and Settling (my reviews here)...
     Clio managed to lose all her friends and her love during the course of one year in the camp. But now, things almost start looking up, and her abilities are improving. But that does not mean that there is no trouble. Between the camp and home, the old Jack and the new one, her old friends and her new friends, her confused feelings, Clio has to choose.
     Shelley Workinger has a very simple, easy-to-follow writing style, but she has given a very unique voice to Clio and i would recognize it anywhere. Clio is an amazing character, and it's very easy to relate to her and her feelings. I felt that I didn't like the new Jack as much as the old Jack, but their love is so pure and wonderful that I didn't really mind. And the way they discovered more of their abilities was intriguing, though I would have loved it if there was more about it. I didn't like the lack of the paranormal in this book.
     Recommended to everyone who enjoys a YA romance with a twist of paranormal. I am sad that this series is over but I am definitely waiting to read more from Ms. Shelley!

8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this series as well. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read anything in this series, I've actually never heard of them before but I like how you describe the writing style and the unique voices of the characters. This sounds like a really good series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great series and it is already out so you do not have to wait in cliffhangers!

      Delete
  3. Oh now that it is complete, I think I need to start this series. Still on my wishlist and I'm glad you enjoyed the last one. It always bodes well when you are sad to see it go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not heard of this series, but I'm definitely adding it to my TBR list. :) I tried not to read too much of your review to avoid spoilers (I like going in blind!), but it sounds fascinating.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I think your overuse superb|of wonderful|of fantastic} and wonderful ar completely warranted!!! Congrats!!! this is often large and amazing and lovely:)

    ReplyDelete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!