Review: Second Stone by Kelly Walker

Title: Second Stone (Souls of The Stones #2)
Author: Kelly Walker
Publication: February 15th 2013 by Kelly Walker
Genre: Fantasy
Source: Provided by the kind author...

With her prince by her side, Emariya Warren begins the journey to Sheas to confront her uncle and bring her father home. 

Only days after leaving the castle, the devastating news of her brother's continued treachery threatens to tear Torian and Emariya apart. But before Emariya can try to repair the rift between her and her prince, she must first answer one important question. Why can't she wake up?



-- My Rating --


4/5 Oscars: Really liked it...

-- My Thoughts --


     I am always weary about the second books in series. New Moon (Twilight #2) was too depressing, Torment (Fallen #2) didn't capture me at all. So, you can guess my doubts about this. Fortunately, Second Stone was as intriguing and as lovely as the first book. 
     Emariya and Torian have tested the saying "love conquers all" a lot of times but their hearts are still in conflict. But suddenly, Emariya finds herself lost in darkness, in emptiness and she cannot seem to wake up. Will love truly conquer all or will their enemies finally be able to tear them apart?
     In this book, we are familiar with the characters. They have grown on us, so now, we can be able to tell them apart and root for them more. The character development of Emariya and Torian was inevitable. They got to taste the power of true love. But what really set this apart from me, was the secondary characters. They are unique and add so much to the story.
     Although this book was a little predictable at times, it's still very enjoyable. I loved what I felt through it, and I cannot wait to see what Kelly Walker is going to do for the rest of this series.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!