Review: Mad About Undead You by Carl Plumer

Name of book: Mad About Undead You: A Zombie Apocalypse Love Story
Author: Carl Plumer
Genre: Paranormal
Source: Provided by the kind author...


Imagine you are in the middle of a zombie apocalypse



Imagine fighting for your life, running for your life. Because, one day, you will be. Just like Cathren and Donovan.

Cathren Whitney is half-human, half-zombie. She can’t be harmed or killed by zombies, no matter how many zombies attack her.


Yet she can rip the undead to shreds as if tearing paper. With her lover Donovan Codell at her side, Cathren seeks to put the world right again.


But zombies are the least of her problems



She must avoid a sinister corporation called ATELIC bent on her destruction, as well as the cryogenically-frozen “heads from hell” that ATELIC has let loose on Earth. Can San Francisco be saved? Can love conquer the undead? Will Cathren and Donovan find freedom, safety, and true love?


- My Rating --

3/5 Oscars: liked it....

-- My Thoughts --

      I didn't put too many expectations into this book, but since it was about zombies, I couldn't say no to reviewing it. And I have to be honest, so I am sorry for hurting anyone in this review. This book was just an average one for me.
     Don and Cathren didn't suspect anything would happen on such a normal day. But suddenly, the streets are full of people who are rotting away and missing body parts and craving brains. The source responsible for all this, a huge company, is trying to reassure the public. Cathren is changing, into something entirely new. It's the apocalypse, and it seems like everywhere they go, something will always get in the way of Don and Cathren's safety. Will love find a place in their hearts? Or will the deadly water turn them into what they fear?
     This book was intriguing, I have to give it that. The source of the zombies is believable and it made me think that it might actually happen, which was incredibly scary. The one thing that irked me in this book was the characters. They were so indifferent. The world is collapsing and people are dying and Cathren is putting on makeup? Seriously? All this is happening in the world right now and Don wants to bang her? COME ON! 
     Another thing that I didn't like was the plot. At the beginning, it was fast-paced, scary and intriguing, but then things started crumbling down. Like, Cathren and Don would run from one danger, after a paragraph of happiness, something else comes out. The whole book is like that. A danger after a danger, that towards the end, it becomes boring. How can danger become boring? I didn't like all the drama and the almost unbelievable bunch of villains out there.
     This book had ups and downs. Yes, it seems like I didn't like it at all. But I did, maybe the bad things were more than the good, it was still enjoyable. Nonetheless, I wish I had read something else. I am so sorry but that is just it.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this one, Soma! I'm sorry the plot didn't stay consistent but I'm glad that you enjoyed it somewhat! I hate when my reviews of a book that I liked somewhat turn out to be so negative, but I definitely see where you're coming from!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world is collapsing and she only thinks about makeup??? maybe it was a humor story :) I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it, but thanks for such an honest review.
    Thnks for visiting my blog :)
    RUTY@Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!