Review: Circle of Silence by Carol M. Tanzman

Name of book: Circle of Silence (WiHi #2)
Author: Carol M. Tanzman
Publication: July 24th 2012 by Harlequin Teen
Genre: YA Contemporary Thriller
Source: Provided  by the kind publisher...

The biggest story of my life could be how it ends

It’s my turn to run a Campus News crew, and I’ve put together a team that can break stories wide open. And Washington Irving High has a truly great one to cover, if only we can find a lead.

A secret society has formed in our school. It announced its presence with pranks: underwear on the flagpole, a toilet in the hallway, cryptic notes. A circle of silence keeps the society a mystery. No one knows its members, agenda or initiation secrets—until a student lands in the hospital under strange circumstances.

will blow this story wide open and stop others from being hurt... …or worse. And while my ex, Jagger, might want to help, I don’t trust him yet. (And, no, not because of our past together. That is notimportant to this story.)

But whether you find me, Valerie Gaines, reporting in front of the camera, or a victim in the top story of the newscast…be sure to watchCampus News at 9:00 a.m. this Friday.



-- My Rating --

4.5 Cupcakes

-- My Thoughts --

     I am a huge fan of thrillers and mysteries. I love it when the book makes me think deeply about something, or discover who is behind something. I read so MANY mixed reviews about Circle of Silence, that I just HAD to try it. And proudly, I am on the good side :) By the way, do I have to remind you? I was not paid to write a positive review, all ideas expressed are mine and mine only. Now, for the review...
     Valarie Gaines (what a CUTE name!) has always had a dream. To win a scholarship for journalism, so when group B of Campus News vote for the leader, she is thrilled to be chosen! Now, she has to direct and produce many segments for the high school TV. Fortunately, her group are reliable and hardworking. There is her supportive best friend, Marci. There is the tech-genius Henry and the hard-working Raul. There is the love-able Omar. The group collection cannot get better, but it can get worse. Val (Valarie) is not so happy when another member is added, the handsome, flirty Jagger. The only guy who broke her heart and never gave it back to her.
     Fortunately for Valarie, stories are flowing. Well, particularly, one story. Someone named MP is doing horrible pranks in their high school. From hanging underwear in the place of flags, to putting a toilet in the hallway. Val takes over the story with her group; interviewing students, teachers, and scanning hallways. She is determined to know who is behind the pranks. Turns out, the MP is not just one person, they are a group, and they do not want Val to mess up their plans. It looks like threatening will not stop Val, but will putting her loved ones in danger make her stop?
     Who are the MP? Is Val getting close to find out? And will she be able to forgive Jagger for what he had done or will she move on? Trust me, feeling shocked is an understatement when you find out who the MP are. Still want to find out? Well, you better read this mysterious, exhilarating, action-packed novel, Circle of Silence....
     I LOVED this book. Like, absolutely, perfectly, fell in love with it. I never knew I would enjoy it THAT much. Yeah, I will confess, I am not a very good fan of Contemporary. I hate predictable stories, but this one was different. It was utterly unpredictable. I had NO IDEA who MP was until Val found out. I loved the mysterious aspect of the book. A combination of romance, thrilling mystery, and contemporary high school life, I couldn't put this down! Carol M. Tanzman is a PRO.
     I noticed that the author didn't concentrate on the description very much, which was fine by me. When you get into the story, you won't even want to get away from it to read what the surrounding is like. It's THAT captivating! The characters are wonderful. Val is one of the strongest, most hard-headed person I have ever got to know, I ADMIRED and RESPECTED her. Although, my favorite was Marci. If I could describe her in one word, it would be: ME. I loved her. All of the characters are very much believable and relate-able, although not very third-dimensional, but still realistic!
     I never knew I would enjoy this book THAT much or I would have read a LONG time ago, I don't know why I kept delaying it! I will definitely be going back to read Carol M. Tanzman's other novel "Dancer Girl" which is the first book in this series, but the two books are companion novels so they can be read as standalone(s). If you want an enjoyable, utterly-compelling read that will keep you on the edge of your chair, then Circle of Silence is the ONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!