Review: Legacies by Mercedes Lackey & Rosemary Edghill

Name of book: Legacies (Shadow Grail #1)
Author(s): Mercedes Lackey & Rosemary Edghill
Publication:  July 6th 2010 by Tor Teen
Genre: YA Paranormal
Source: E-book Owned

Spirit White has survived from a deadly car crash that has killed her mother and father and her sister. She has been discovered by a school with special talents, called magic. A couple of months after staying, people begin to disappear, some vanish to be never seen again, so Spirit and her new friends begin the investigation. But will they find out the truth of what is going on? Or will Spirit and her friends suffer a terrible fate from which they don't know about yet?



-- My Rating --



-- My Thoughts --

     I LOVED the cover of this book, it drew me right into the story. I admit it, I haven't read the blurb, yet. But I dove blindly into this one, and I don't regret a second spent reading this wonderful work of art!
     Spirit (don't you just ADORE her name!) had loving parents, and a wonderful sister, but she didn't appreciate it. Until the day they were all taken away from her by a car crush. Spirit saw something on the road before the car crushed, it was something dark, unimaginable, and she was sure that no one would believe her if she described it.
     So Spirit hides away in her world on a hospital bed, until an organization, called Oakhurst take her to their mansion (private school). But teaching in Oakhurst isn't about History and Biology only, it's also about magic. Every student in Oakhurst is a mage from one of the different element schools. Still, Spirit makes many new friends, the mysterious Loch, the adorable Burke, the sweet Addie, and the sarcastic Muirin. But Oakhurst isn't all fun and magic, there is something sinister going on. Suddenly, students are disappearing and nobody knows why.
     What was the creature on the road when Spirit had the accident? Who is abducting the Oakhurst students? What is Spirit's school of magic? And can she be able to trust anyone in the school? Find out much more in this action-packed, thrilling, and magical adventure, Legacies..
     I liked this book soooo much! Ok, so I have read quite a few books about magic, but what surprises me is; every magic-related book is different from the other. They all take very different turns and work on specific aspects. I have loved every one of them! And this book was no exception! I don't know how the two authors blended their writing together, since it's in third person,  but it was perfect and spotless!
      The main characters are all three-dimensional, with back-stories and all. But my favorites were Spirit and Burke, I would love to see them as a couple! Lacey and Edghill did a great job at creating a mystery filled with intrigue. Even though half way through the book, we know who the villains are (kind of...) , it's still lovely and exhilarating.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds really cool! I agree with you, the cover is captivating! I'm definitely going to check this series out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Soma

    Love your reviews, just reading Legacies. Great blog!

    I am following your blog.

    Please follow mine at

    http://archangelsanddemons.blogspot.jp/

    Cheers and happy blogging

    Steve Skelton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, Stephen!

      Delete
  3. Oh this cover is so cool! It really draws me in, too! And this premise sounds really up my alley. I love the name Spirit, so unique! Great review, chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds deliciously unique! It's new to me, I'm always happy to read reviews of books that I hadn't heard of. It sounds like the mystery would definitely keep you going in this one. Great review, Soma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Jenni!
      I loved this book!

      Delete
  5. I definitely agree with you - I love the magic in all the fantasy I read. I'll definitely be checking this book out later (: Love the cover by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds amazing! Thx for sharing your review. Now I'm off to add this to me to-read list

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds really good. I love the cover too.
    I guess I should add it to my TBR pile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!