Review: The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks

Name of book: The Best of Me
Author: Nicholas Sparks
Publication: October 11th 2011 by Grand Central Publishing
Genre: Romantic Fiction
Source: Borrowed from a friend
Goodreads

THE BEST OF ME is the heart-rending story of two small-town former high school sweethearts from opposite sides of the tracks. Now middle-aged, they've taken wildly divergent paths, but neither has lived the life they imagined . . . and neither can forget the passionate first love that forever altered their world. When they are both called back to their hometown for the funeral of the mentor who once gave them shelter, they will be forced to confront the choices each has made, and ask whether love can truly rewrite the past.

-- My Rating --



-- My Thoughts --

     If you have been following my blog for a while, you would know that I am a HUGE fan of Nicholas Sparks. Before I started this blog, I had read "A Walk to Remember" and "A Bend In The Road", so I don't have reviews for them. I have also read "At First Sight", which you can find my review here. I love his books, the way the make me feel is exceptional, and this book was no exception. 
    Teenagers, Dawson and Amanda fell in love in the summer of 1984. But they were different. Way different. Amanda was a Collier, one of the royal families in town and expectations rose high for her.. Dawson was a Cole, a family famous for its criminal record, people expected him to be behind bards and have an empty future. They found comfort in each other and they were able to escape the cruel world. But at the end of the senior years, circumstances tear them apart.
     Now, twenty-five years later, they go back home to their mutual friend's funeral. When they meet again, they can't deny the spark that is still there. None of them has lived the life they imagined. Dawson should have died a couple of times, but fate always brings him back. Amanda is stuck in a marriage with an alcoholic. Will this weekend change their  lives? Find out the power of love in this striking new novel, by the ever talented author, Nicholas Sparks..
     I loved this book. It was a great love story, just like Nicholas's author books.. He is a very talented author. I love the way he makes me cry in all his books. There was something bugging me in this novel, I don't think I can pinpoint it. Maybe it was the "ghost" aspect of Dawson's life. You don't know what I am talking about, but once you read the novel, you will.
     This is a very enjoyable, romantic read. That left me crying. I will definitely read any books Nicholas Sparks writes. Recommended to fans of romance!

10 comments:

  1. I love stories that tug at your heartstrings! Is it crazy that I have never read a Nicholas Sparks novel? Well, it's sad but true. Your review makes me think I need to change that. This one sounds right up my alley. Great review, Soma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Jenni!
      you should probably read this soon!

      Delete
  2. I feel bad, I have never read a Sparks book! Yeah, I know 0_0 though I have seen a movie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love his books. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Aww, my little sister totally loves him! I loved The Notebook's movie, but I've never read the book. o_O It sounds like you liked Best of Me, though! Maybe I should add it to my TBR...I need a good book that'll make me cry. Terrific review, Soma! (:

    Loves,
    Megan@The Book Babe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, i love Nicholas Sparks's books. So emotional! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Great review Soma! I'm not really a fan of Sparks but I do like seeing so many people reading his books since he's my sister's favourite author :)
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love his books. Thanks for stopping by, Kimberly!

      Delete
  5. OMG I READ THIS BOOK BEFORE! <3 Sorry, I got a little bit excited ... Wasn't it just amazing, though? How'd you feel about the beginning? I know a lot of people who thought it was choppy, at first.

    Annie & Demi @ Characterized

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nape. I had no problem with the beginning. It was the ghostly aspect that I had a problem with
      Thanks for stopping by, girls!

      Delete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!