Review: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Name of book: Beautiful Creatures (The Caster Chronicles #1)
Author(s): Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl
Publication: December 1st 2009 by Little, Brown and Company
Genre: YA Paranormal
Source: Owned

Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.



-- My Rating --


4/5 Oscars: really liked it...

-- My Thoughts --


     Fantasy has always been my genre. Add a bit of paranormal, a touch of romance, and everyone will get hooked. Although I am not a fan of long series, this one looks like it might get to the top of my favorites shelf. No wonder it's a New York Times bestseller...
     Ethan thought he lived in a small town where everyone knew every one's secrets. Where boredom lurked in the shadows and nothing new happened. But he was wrong. Everything changes in Gaitlin, when the mysterious Lena Ducheness arrives. She will turn Ethan's life upside down. Steal his heart away. And he will learn that his small town is build on secrets darker than a moon-less night.
     The mystery and the revelations were the first thing that captured me in this book. The anticipation of the end, of the first kiss, of whatever was next, was wonderful. I don't know how the two authors worked it out, but it flowed flawlessly.
     These reviews for the popular books are always the hardest to write, since there are so many reviews out there, that you don't know what new things to write about it. One thing that is sure about this is that I am dying to go back into Lena and Ethan's world. Such a diverse bunch of great characters...

6 comments:

  1. I am reading this right now! I found the beginning to be much too cliche for my tastes, and Ethan's character bothered me because he took all the weird stuff in stride. I am loving the mystery, though. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Ethan. He is a unique mae POV

      Delete
  2. I think you enjoyed this book a bit more than me, but I'm glad that it's world captured you! Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, I just recently caved under peer pressure and bought this book on audio. I can't wait to read it, I don't know why I've waited so long. It makes me feel better knowing that you liked it.
    Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!