ARC Review: This Is W.A.R. by Lisa Roecker and Laura Roecker

Title: This Is W.A.R.
Author(s): Lisa Roecker, Laura Roecker
Publication: July 2nd 2013 by Soho Teen
Genre: YA Contemporary Thriller
Source: Provided by the kind publisher...
Goodreads

This is W.A.R. begins with a victim who can no longer speak for herself, and whose murder blossoms into a call-to-arms. Enter four very different girls, four very different motives to avenge Willa Ames-Rowan, and only one rule to start: Destroy James Gregory and his family at any cost. Willa's initials spell the secret rallying cry that spurs the foursome to pool their considerable resources and deliver their particular brand of vigilante justice. Innocence is lost, battles are won—and the pursuit of the truth ultimately threatens to destroy them all.



-- My Rating --


4/5 Oscars: Really liked it...

-- My Thoughts --


     I love thrillers, ones that make your skin crawl and your hear beat faster. Ones that make you wanna catch the culprit right now, even though you know he cannot be caught. I loved experiencing these emotions in this book.
     When friends; Willa, Lisa, Sloane, and Madge go out on a party in a yacht, they will never expect what happens. And when Willa drowns, everyone on the boat, including Rose Mcaann know that it was James Gregory who killed her. But when James doesn't get caught, it's up to Madge, Sloane, Lisa and Rose to do whatever they can to bring him down.
     These two authors have created characters that rhyme. That fit together. These four girls are so different, yet, you could see them as best friends anytime. The action in this book drowned you in it, you get immersed in the story and you just don't want to let go.
     I have to say that I didn't expect the ending, and some part of it was really messed up. I still don't know where the authors are planning to take this book in the next sequel, but it will surely be AMAZING. Just as this was.

8 comments:

  1. I really want to read this book! I love revenge books and I think this is going to be a cool mystery to follow. Awesome review and I cant wait to read it!!!!

    Tt@ Never Ending Stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Hello, you described things I love in a book and ooh I am adding this to my tbr pile *psst did you hear it groan from the weight* Wonderful review, thanks for turning me on to this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A totally messed up ending, I am intrigued

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay I'm excited to see good things about this one. I just got it too but I won't be reading it until closer to release date so I haven't looked into it much. It sounds excited and right up my alley for sure! I'm super curious about the ending! I love the types that really make you think!

    ReplyDelete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!