ARC Review: The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle

Title: The Infinite Moment Of Us
Author: Lauren Myracle
Publication: August 27th 2013 by Amulet Books
Genre: YA Contemporary
Source: Provided by the kind publisher
Goodreads

For as long as she can remember, Wren Gray’s goal has been to please her parents. But as high school graduation nears, so does an uncomfortable realization: Pleasing her parents once overlapped with pleasing herself, but now... not so much. Wren needs to honor her own desires, but how can she if she doesn’t even know what they are?

Charlie Parker, on the other hand, is painfully aware of his heart’s desire. A gentle boy with a troubled past, Charlie has loved Wren since the day he first saw her. But a girl like Wren would never fall for a guy like Charlie—at least not the sort of guy Charlie believes himself to be.

And yet certain things are written in the stars. And in the summer after high school, Wren and Charlie’s souls will collide. But souls are complicated, as are the bodies that house them...

Sexy, romantic, and oh-so-true to life, this is an unforgettable look at first love from one of young adult fiction’s greatest writers


-- My Rating --
3/5 Oscars: Liked it

-- My Thoughts--

     Well, the cover of this book is awesome. And as I always prove  I am a hopeless romantic. These are the reasons why I read this book. And although I really liked it a lot, it was not my favorite contemporary romance yet.
     Wren is tired of following her parent's every rule. She's always been a good girl and as obedient as she can be. But as her senior year nears it end, she decides she's had enough. So, one shocking decision later, she finds herself getting closer and closer to the guy she likes, Charlie. Charlie has always loved Wren, but he knew that she would never fall in love with him. Not with the guy he thinks he is. But love can happen against the odds, but will it be forever?
     The first thing I liked was the whole relationship between Wren and her parents. I have always been a straight-A student, too, and I could connect with the pressure that Wren feels, since i am currently entering my senior year. I knew how hard it was to balance your own needs WHILE making your parents happy and proud. So, I loved her bravery and her character. She stands out from most typical YA heroines, because she is brave and she decides to take a chance at something she has never done before.
     The characters, except Wren and Charlie, were not really well developed. Which I've come to find is very evident in YA Contemporary reads. The authors usually mainly concern themselves with their main characters, that they don't give the other characters their own space and background and development. So, the romance was sweet and it felt real. Lauren Myracle is definitely not shy with tackling the issues of sex while keeping her books in the YA genre. Her view on the subject was definitely refreshing. But I recommend that if you don't like your YA books having intimate moments, then don't continue with this book.
     The romance did bother me at times. Okay, so they were all happy together but suddenly Wren always found something wrong with what she was doing or how Charlie treated her. Sometimes, there fights were over such silly things that I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I wished they would grow up. I liked the ending a lot, and it gave very good closure to the story. I am definitely going to be on the lookout for the author, she has some great potential!

2 comments:

  1. I have been really curious about this book. It sounds like it could be pretty good. Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, its a good book
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!