Review: Racing Savannah by Miranda Kenneally

Title: Racing Savannah (Hundred Oaks #4)
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Publication: December 3rd 2013 by Sourcebooks Fire
Genre: YA Contemporary
Source: Owned
Goodreads

They’re from two different worlds.

He lives in the estate house, and she spends most of her time in the stables helping her father train horses. In fact, Savannah has always been much more comfortable around horses than boys. Especially boys like Jack Goodwin—cocky, popular and completely out of her league. She knows the rules: no mixing between the staff and the Goodwin family. But Jack has no such boundaries.

With her dream of becoming a horse jockey, Savannah isn’t exactly one to follow the rules either. She’s not going to let someone tell her a girl isn’t tough enough to race. Sure, it’s dangerous. Then again, so is dating Jack…


-- My Rating --
3/5 Oscars: Liked it

-- My Thoughts --

     So, I have heard a lot about Miranda Kenneally and her debut novel, Catching Jordan. Her take on sports and kick-ass protagonists definitely had me intrigued and I was glad that I finally got the chance to read her book. although I have not read the other three books in the series, I am planning to.
     Savannah just moved into the Goodwin farm, her father got a job working with horses. Savannah always knew she had a thing with horses, so when she gets the chance to take care of one, she is delighted. But she knows that there should be no encounters between her and the Goodwin son, Jack. Because Jack is kind-of her boss, and it's forbidden to have feelings for him, even though he flirts and teases her and makes the butterflies in her stomach dance.
     I have always been a fan of the taboo romance theme. This was not such a big deal, if you look at it closely. Since Savannah is poor and Jack is rich, their statuses are different and a romance between them seems impossible. Miranda Kenneally knew how to perfectly capture Savannah's insecurities and hidden feelings from the world. I loved getting to know the girl beneath the hard exterior and I fell in love with how cute she was, even though she did a LOT of stupid things, which I cannot mention. You might as well read the book and find out.
     What I really loved about this book was the reference to horses. It's familiar in Miranda's books to have some kind of sport in them, but this one was definitely different. Racing is so intriguing and dangerous and for a girl to do that, the author definitely needed to capture the perfect background and make it believable. Which she succeeded at totally.
     This book was really good. But the reason it got three stars is that , apart from a couple of points i mentioned, this book was a typical contemporary romance. I wanted something unique and i wasn't sure that I really got that. So, this is my opinion and a lot of people might actually like this much more than I do. So, read for yourself and judge!

4 comments:

  1. I have heard great things about the first book in this series and I've been meaning to read it for a while but then I saw some not so great things about this one so I'm not sure. I'm glad you enjoyed it overall.
    Great review, Soma :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a cool average contemporary read

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with your review, I found it to be an average contemporary read. I like the horses but other than that-pretty ordinary.

    ReplyDelete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!