ARC Review: Perfect Couple by Jennifer Echols

Title: Perfect Couple (The Superlatives #2)
Author: Jennifer Echols
Publication: January 13th 2015 by Simon Pulse
Genre: YA Contemporary
Source: Provided by the kind publisher...
Goodreads

Perfect Couple is #2 in the Superlatives series about seniors at a Florida high school who are selected for their class's superlative categories in the yearbook, and how the labels change the way they view themselves and alter the course of their lives.

Can your heart be put to a popular vote?

As yearbook photographer, Harper is responsible for capturing those candid moments that make high school memorable. But her own life is anything but picture perfect. Her parents' bitter divorce has left her wondering what a loving relationship would look like. And ever since the senior class voted her and star quarterback Brody the “Perfect Couple That Never Was,” her friends have been on her case to ask Brody out.

Brody doesn’t lack in female admirers, but Harper can't see herself with him. He seems confused about why they were matched together, too. They’re total opposites—the last people in the world who would ever be compatible, let alone the “perfect couple.” Yet ever since the class paired the two of them, they've found themselves drawn together--first by curiosity, then by an undeniable bond.

The trouble is, though they're very attracted to each other and both of them admit this, they have a hard time getting along or even communicating clearly. If they’re the perfect couple, this shouldn’t be so difficult! Soon it becomes clear their class was wrong, and they throw in the towel. But after they walk away, both of them feel so changed from making the effort that they can’t forget each other. What if that means this match made in hell is the perfect couple after all?

-- My Rating --
4/5 Oscars: Really Liked It

-- My Thoughts --

     I read the first book in the series not a long while ago. It was quite a cute contemporary read, though not the best. But I was definitely excited for the second book, because I felt I would like Harper more. In more ways than not, I did.
     Harper has always been the good girl all her life. She has followed the rules, had the perfect boyfriend. But when the school couples her with Brody for the Perfect Couple That Never Was, everything changes. For her and for Brody. And finally Harper might realize that the only thing that is making her to find her true self has always been there all along.
     As always, the characters are absolutely adorable. I just love the way they talk and behave and they sound like normal teenagers with all the insecurity and angst. It was absolutely refreshing to read something that felt so real. Then, there's Harper. Although she was not as goody-two-shoes as I pictured her to be, she was still likable. Not always, though. She made very, very stupid decisions that she knew she would regret afterwards.
     Then, there's Kaye and Sawyer. I LOVE both of them and I literally cannot wait to read their book, which will be the next one in this series. The romance  in this book is sizzling hot at times, but absolutely cringe-worthy at other times. I didn't know why the characters did what they did, I wanted to jump into the book and slap some of them. Otherwise, the romance was quite cute.
     This book is definitely a very cute and fluffy contemporary read. I definitely liked it better than the first book and thankfully it didn't have the second-book-in-a-series syndrome and it turned out better than I hoped it would be. I am patiently waiting for the third book :)

9 comments:

  1. Yay I'm glad you liked it!! I like reading fluffy contemp. books every now and again. Usually I read books that are more issues books, so it's nice to just read something more peaceful sometimes. I haven't read the first book in this series yet, but I want to for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely amazing and cute!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This sounds super cute, but I worry that some of the stupid decisions they make would annoy me. I have a hit and miss relationship with Jennifer Echols, sometimes I love her books and others, not so much. I'll keep this one in mind though. Wonderful review, Soma! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I get it. I have this kind of relationship with some other authors too
      GREAT of you to stop by, thanks!

      Delete
  3. Aaah I'm so glad you enjoyed this one!! I can't wait to read this :D It sounds absolutely adorable. The characters and romance sound so great. Lovely review <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only ever read 1 book by this author and it was a quick DNF. I have been wary of trying any others but this series has been catching my eye but sounds like a really fun read with fab character development, too! Great review, hun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing

    หนังใหม่

    ReplyDelete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!