Review: Dangerous Girls by Abigai Haas

Title: Dangerous Girls
Author: Abigail Haas
Publication: July 16th 2013 by Simon Pulse
Genre: YA Contemporary Thriller
Source: Owned
Goodreads

It's Spring Break of senior year. Anna, her boyfriend Tate, her best friend Elise, and a few other close friends are off to a debaucherous trip to Aruba that promises to be the time of their lives. But when Elise is found brutally murdered, Anna finds herself trapped in a country not her own, fighting against vile and contemptuous accusations. 

As Anna sets out to find her friend's killer; she discovers hard truths about her friendships, the slippery nature of truth, and the ache of young love.

As she awaits the judge's decree, it becomes clear that everyone around her thinks she is not just guilty, but dangerous. When the truth comes out, it is more shocking than one could ever imagine...


-- My Rating --
4/5 Oscars: Really liked it

-- My Thoughts --

     I started paying attention to all the hype about Abigail Haas when her new book, Dangerous Boys came out. Both her books sounded so intriguing and I couldn't stop myself from finally reading one of them.
     It was just a vacation between friends. It was never supposed to turn so ugly. Nobody was supposed to die. But now, Anna is accused of killing her best friend. And there seems to be nobody who can help her. Except herself.
     The first thing about this book is there are a whole bunch of characters. But fortunately, we only focus on three or four in our flashbacks. Yes, this book is mostly told in different chapters. Some in the time of the trial, some in the time of the vacation, and some much before then. I loved that and I thought it was essential for the story to be told this way. The flashbacks were executed perfectly.
     The characters are definitely not meant to be likable. All of them had "ugh" moments and I basically hated each one of them some time or another. But Anna is definitely a very intriguing main character. She makes you question everything you know about her story, whether she is lying or not,you never know.
     The ending was by far, the most unexpected ending I have ever read in ANY book for that matter. It left me so shocked I kept looking back at the last page, and being like; how the hell did this even happen? Anyways, I absolutely LOVED how the author did that. She turned everything around in the last second and it was amazing! I cannot wait to read more of her thrilling, dangerous books.

3 comments:

  1. COMMENT SECTION AVAILABILITY CHECK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss, I love this book so much, AND Dangerous Boys. The ending was stunning and I really couldn't believe it when I read it. And I totally agree about the way it was written: having the flash backs and the parts with the trial was a perfect way to balance what was happening now while still feeding us information to piece everything together. If you loved this, you DEFINITELY need to check out Dangerous Boys.

    (By the way, it took two tries to post this comment =/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I fixed my comment section now :)
      thanks for taking the time to comment
      I appreciate it and I am definitely reading the Dangerous Boys too!

      Delete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!