Review: Crashing Eden by Michael Sussman


Name of book: Crashing Eden
Author: Michael Sussman
Publication: May 11th 2012 by Solstice Publishing
Genre: YA Paranormal
Source: Won from @Realms of An Open Mind

For one boy and his friends, the path to Paradise comes at a cost—one they may not be prepared to pay.

When a biking accident leaves 17-year-old Joss Kazdan with the ability to hear things others can't, reality as he knows it begins to unravel.

A world of legends exists beyond the ordinary life he's always known, and he is transported to the same Paradise he's studying in World Mythology. But the strange gets even stranger when his new friends build a device that delivers people through the gates of the Garden of Eden.

Now Samael, the Creator God, is furious. As Samael rains down his apocalyptic devastation on the ecstasy-seeking teens, Joss and his companions must find a way to appease Samael—or the world will be destroyed forever.



-- My Rating --



-- My Thoughts --

     I won this book from a giveaway. The cover is really nice and creative. I love the color blending and the subject. I liked the blurb, too. It was really captivating. I have to admit, I thought the book would be better, but it was still good.  I am glad I read it.
     Joss is not your typical teenage boy. He has been in detention numerous times, he has been suspended from his school more than once, and he even spent some time in juvie. But behind all this violence, there is a broken, vulnerable boy who is showered in guilt.
     After an accident, Joss begins hearing a very strange non-stopping sound. After this incident, things start to unfold, it appears that the strange sound transports people back to Eden. When Joss and his friends start distributing a device to listen to the sound, the creator god is enraged and out for revenge. 
      What has Joss done to land him in juvie? Why can't anyone hear the frequency? Why did Joss suddenly start hearing it? And why is the creator god so enraged? Does he think that they are crashing his Eden? Find out much more when you read this imaginative, intriguing novel, Crashing Eden...
     I like this novel a lot. The idea was really intriguing and I loved how the story played out. Yes, I was a bit worried that it was touching the religious side, but it never actually concentrated on the creator god stuff, which was fine by me. I loved Joss, I really felt for him, and understood his motives. He really touched my heart. His sister is equally amusing and so LOVELY, I just wanted to hug her and pull her cheek. She was so adorable!
      What bugged me in this novel was the fact that the pace was too quick. This novel could have been lengthened into a 500 page novel and there were still many ideas to be explored in another novel. Yeah, the pacing kept me from giving this book five stars. Other than that, I really didn't like the creator god stuff. But this book really was intriguing and it was a very different type of paranormal.
     This book is recommended to every paranormal fan who is looking for a quick and interesting read. I can't wait to read more by the author, Michael Sussman. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, no. That cover is more than nice, it's absolutely gorgeous! I like all the colors on it, too. I definitely agree with you on the plot, though. I don't like books that move too fast, because then it feels like everything is purposely being put together, so that the next event can happen. Overall, the book would feel rushed. I think I might still check it out, though. Since you gave it a 4-star. Lovely review! Thanks for stopping by our blog! <3

    ~Annie & Demi @ Characterized Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the cover is beautiful, indeed!
      Definitely agree with you, girls!
      Thanks for stopping by!
      LOVE your idea of Sugar, Spice, and everything Nice!

      Delete
  2. I'm trying to put this right...this is dystopia?? I mean I haven't read the book where the plot is set in Heaven so I'm really curious about it. I'm glad you enjoyed! :) I usually complain how pass of the book is slow! :D lol! Amazing review! :)

    Tanja @ Ja Ĩitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is different and yes, it's a little too quick/
      Thanks for stopping by, Tanja!

      Delete
  3. The creator god, ok sounds intriguing, it all sounds very intriguing :)

    ReplyDelete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!