Review: If I Know It's Coming by Nicholas Hupton

Name of book: If I Know It's Coming
Author: Nicholas Hupton
Publication: June 1st 2012 by North Star Press of St. Cloud, Inc.
Genre: Middle Grade Contemporary, Realistic Fiction ( a mix of both, i guess)
Source: Provided by the kind author...


If I Know It's Coming is a middle grade novel about a 13-year-old boy named Tim Hansen, who lives in a quaint little neighborhood in South Minneapolis.  For the most part, Tim leads a normal, preteen existence.  He is concerned about friendships, girls, sports, and even schoolwork from time to time.  But when his mother, who is a nurse in the United States Army, is deployed to Iraq, Tim's relatively normal and happy existence gets flipped upside down.  How will Tim cope without his mother?  Will his family ever be the same?  Middle school was unpredictable enough, but when Tim faces this sudden dose of mortality, the adventure is just beginning.

-- My Rating --



-- My Thoughts --

      I accepted reviewing this book because it was a very touchy subject and one that I was familiar with. Living in north Iraq; we are not as afraid and scared as  the southern people are. But that doesn't mean that we are not scared for our loved ones when they go to the south. I loved reading this book and being able to feel what the situation is like for Americans.
     Tim's life was pretty normal, up until the day his mum left for Iraq. Tim is getting more and more detached from his father, he doesn't even see his sister at home anymore. Everything is going downhill, and he can do nothing to stop it.
     What will happen in Tim's life? Will he ever go back to being normal? Will he find a teenage love that will distract him? Find out much more when you read this intriguing, realistic story, If I Know It's Coming...
     I liked this book a lot. It was different from everything I have read, since it described the situation very believably. I liked the author's style, it was simple and straight-forward. This book was touchy but adventurous, too. I loved the characters, specially Tim and Nicolle, the love interest.
     This book is definitely thought -provoking and exhilarating. If you want to enjoy an interesting read, then If I Know It's Coming is the one!

5 comments:

  1. Soma, thanks for your comment on my blog. Likewise I love reading your blog, it gives me lots of good ideas and more books to check out. Thank you so much! If I Know It's Coming looks cool and great thoughts!
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should add the option of following via Google Friend Connect because that is what I follow everyone through and I'd love to follow your blog through GFC! Let me know if you ever put that up! If you'd like to stop by and visit my blog here's the link: MaMa's Book Corner P.S.- Your blog is absolutely ADORABLE! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ree! This one sounds really thoughtful and definitely something different from the normal books you find :) Glad you liked this one Soma!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very unique, indeed. Thanks for stopping by, Eileen!

      Delete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!