Review: Rising by Stephanie Judice

Name of book: Rising (Saga of The Setti #1)
Author: Stephanie Judice
Publication: June 28th 2011 - Studiokae Publishers
Source: Provided by the kind author...
Goodreads


Having waited a millennium to return to the fertile feeding ground of earth, the dark giants break through a portal and storm out into the world in the guise of a massive hurricane—famished and fierce. Across the ocean, seventeen-year-old Gabriel Goddard is being plagued by terrifying nightmares about creatures that singe and burn the flesh then absorb the life energy of humans and devour the ashes. 
A chance meeting with Clara Dunaway immediately distracts Gabe from bad dreams. He has always had a sort of sixth sense—to feel the emotions of others around him. Clara’s presence numbs his other sense, nearly knocking him into a hypnotic state. Bewildered and fascinated, he is lured in by her. 
When Clara finally confesses that she has a similar gift to see auras around people, a spark flames between them, ignited by a paranormal force. Fate soon reveals that there is a higher purpose for their attraction. Along with Jeremy, the head-bangin’ metal head; Ben, the air-headed golden boy; Melanie, the kind- hearted Creole; and the old hermit named Homer, they must face this enemy as one. 
Discovering that they are descended from an ancient clan of Norse warriors, they awaken their dormant powers, preparing for the dark giants' imminent invasion of their home. A shadow of darkness veils the land. Will the Setti rise to fulfill their long-awaited destiny?



-- My Rating --


-- My Thoughts --

     A perfectly-developed setting, intruguing characters, fully-researched background, and the right pace describe this wonderful work of art, the first debut novel by the author Stephanie Judice. I feel really fortunate to get my hands on such an electrifying book.  My review will be long ( bare with me!) , or I will not be giving this book the praise it deserves.
     Gabriel has been hiding his sixth sense from everyone, they would think he is insane if they knew that he can feel other people's emotions. And It's been a few weeks since he started seeing nightmares of some scary creatures: dark shadows, black giants with terrible eyes, and horrible creatures with no faces.
    Everything turns upside down, when he finds out that Clara, the gorgeous, hazel eyed girl he has befriended, has been dreaming about the same creatures. But Clara has a gift of her own, she can see the aura of people, combinations of colors that show what kind of peron it is: good or bad. 
    A wonderful spark grows between the two, and they get closer while they decide to investigate those creatures and their origins. What they find out leaves them in total shock, and it left me in shock and horror too, you won't expect it at all!
    They find out that their sixth senses are only a little exhibition of what they can do, being powerful descendents of Norse cultures, they are not the only two! A few of their friends also have powers: the metal-band lover, hilarious Jeremy, the air-headed, not-a-care-in-the-world Ben; the careful, sweet Mel; and the smart, crazy old Homer.
    Together, they have to fight these dark creatures who feed on the energy of humans, the creatures who have come to detroy the world and turn it into a cold and fearful place. Together, they are the Setti, who will finally have the chance to fulfill their destiny.
    What are those creatures? What is their origin? Will the Setti be able to find their weekness? And will Gabriel and Clara be able to avoid all the bumps in their road? 
"Darkness is falling but hope is Rising..."
Have the ride of a lifetime when you read the super-adventerous, exhilarating , Rising (Saga of The Setti #1)...
    This book fulfilled all my expectations and I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.  The pace is not slow, but it's not quick either, it's just the right pace. The setting is perfect, Stephanie Judice describes the scenes to you, but still leaves room for your own imaginations.
    The characters are all very complicated and touchy, they all have their own stories to tell . I loved every single one of them, Gabriel is protective and caring, Clara is emotional but still a smart-ass, Jeremy and Ben always find a way to lighten the mood, Mel is reasonable and intelligent, and Homer is their magice-eye-ball, literally!
    The book is action-packed and terrifying sometimes. At one point in the middle of the night, I was so thirsty my throat was aching but I didn't have the courage to get up and grab a glass of water. I was scared that one of those dark creatures will end up in our hallway (stupid, I know, but what could I do?)  
    This novel is a roller coaster, with so many unexpected twists and turns, that I am biting my nails off and tearing every single hair out of my hair (don't take the second part literally, I love my hair!) while waiting for  the second book in the series, you should definitely read this novel, Stephanie Judice has created a beautiful, magical, adventurious read with a twist of mesmerizing romance that will make your hear melt and your stomach flutter.
What do you think? Will you add this to your TBR list? Please, please add it and do this book justice ( I am begging!), and don't forget! Watch out for my review of the next book in the series, while the beautiful, Ms. Stephanie is preparing it!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Soma! I feel so fortunate to have such an amazing review! I promise that I am working hard on book two for the October release. I hope that it also lives up to your expectations. Thank you so much for your thoughtful, detailed review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for being here ms. Steph :) We love you so much!

      Delete
  2. What a great review!!!! Happy I got to read it!!! 8) Happy Reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! It makes my heart swell! Hope you'll enjoy the next one. Coming soon . . .

      Delete
    2. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!