Guest Post: C. S. Dorsey


C. S. Dorsey is here with use to post a guest post, say welcome!

My Take on The Unsacred Gift

     When I wrote The Unsacred Gift I had to do a little research. My research was mainly on the different types of visions one can have. Google has been there for me when I needed to find research for my writing. There is a part in the novel where Sissy went on her mother’s computer while on her visit home to do some research about her visions. Google was the main search engine she used.
I must say that I have never connected with someone in my life the way I connected with the main character Sissy. Every pain, dream, sorrow, and happiness she felt, I felt. It was almost like I was going through the same things she was going through. My friend told me to add some type of happiness in the book, so I added the Chris character to it. But I didn’t want him to stay long, so I was torn between killing him off, or just letting Sissy run him off. You will have to read the book to see which one I picked :).
While I was writing certain scenes in the books, I had tears in my eyes. It was one part of the book where Sissy talked about how love would never find her because she was hiding from it, made me cry. It was that passage that I knew that this book would be something special. I though, how many times do people think or feel the same way Sissy does about love? Tons of people. That is why I think so many people can relate to her. Even I can.
Little things that Sissy did in the book I saw myself in her. Her quick come backs and sarcastic comments remind me so much of myself. The relationship she has with her mother reminds me of me and my mom at times. But when I wrote about her I didn’t think about me, I thought about this girl with a gift who was afraid of its power.

2 comments:

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!