Review: Alcatraz: The Lost Pearl by Aleshia Robinson

Name of book: Alcatraz: The Lost Pearl
Author: Aleshia Robinson
Publication: May 31st, 2012
Genre: Christian Fiction
Source: Provided by author




Fifteen year old Alcatraz is being chased. Born and raised in a loving family, she suddenly finds herself fending for her life on the streets of Los Angeles. Consumed with anger, hurt and confusion, Alcatraz turns to the spiritual realm to find life’s answers. While experimenting with pagan spells, Buddhist chants, and yoga sutras, she continually encounters a spirit who claims He is God. The Truth she learns from this spiritual quest introduces her to the unexpected world of divine healing, acceptance and unconditional love.




-- My Rating --

-- My Thoughts --

     The true road toward faith is not the road that we see, it's the road inside of our souls, the road that is faded away by the laws and codes  of the world we live in. The truest journey is the journey we take inside. This book poured inspiration out of me through every turn, I liked it a lot!
     Katherine or Alcatraz, has a happy normal life, up until the day her whole family die in a car crash. An orphan, she is taken to live with her uncle's family. Things get bad, real bad, until the point I felt like Alcatraz was Cinderella  and they were the evil sisters. Abuse, is a painful experience.
     Taken away from there, she gets to make friends with a bunch of girls from a foster house she stays in. But she is taken away yet again, and this time, Alcatraz can't take more and escapes into the place she has always wanted to live in, Hollywood.
     Now, Alcatraz is not only on a journey to make a living and survive through this rough city, she is also on a journey of faith, she is on a journey to find God, even if she hates the fact that he has taken away her family. An eventful and heart-warming journey.
     At first, I didn't know that this book is Christian Fiction, I don't normally read those "religious" fiction books because I have faith in what or "who" I believe in, which is very different from what Alcatraz finally decides to believe. This book was very different from my religious beliefs but it was very refreshing and entertaining indeed.
     I loved how the author portrays Alcatraz, she is on a spiritual journey, I let my guard down and enjoyed every aspect of her personality. She is indeed special, although I think that the things she experienced were fictional (not possible in real life) but I learned many new things on the different religious beliefs in the world, and how they operate.
     If you want some assistance in your own "spiritual" journey, or if you want to enjoy some Christian-inspired fiction, then you should read Alcatraz: The Lost Pearl (God, Love, and Tattoos: Book #1) and don't miss reading the second book, Alcatraz: The Righteous Pearl...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!