Review: Confessions of An Angry Girl by Louise Rozett


Name of book: Confessions of An Angry Girl
Author: Louise Rozett
Publication: Harlequin Teen - August 28, 2012
Genre: Fiction, Juvenile
Source: Provided by author


Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some CONFESSIONS to make... 


#1: I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?

#2: I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who "might" be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine.

#3: High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry-get it?)

Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.

(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.) (Sorry. That was rude.)



-- My Rating --


-- My Thoughts --

     There are moments when you think that life cannot get worse, but these are just "moments" and they will eventually pass. That's the main idea that got me hooked to this book, I definitely learnt a thing or two from this wonderful work!
     Rose "Rosie" is a freshman, it's her first year in high school. Being an average teenage girl, she wasn't noticed, up until she sat next to Jamie Forta in the first period. Plus, Rosie's best friend, Tracy is changing, she is becoming one of those bitchy cheerleaders, and that's not all! Jamie and Rosie's relationship is advancing, Rosie doesn't know what to do, since Jamie kissed her passionately but he already has a girlfriend.
    Things are not supposed to get worse, but they do. Now, Rosie is known all around school as "911 Bitch" after she helped one of her friends from dying, and who spread this name out? You guessed right,  Jamie's girlfriend, Regina is out for Rosie's blood.
     What will Rosie do? Will she get her best friend back? And what will happen between her and Jamie? Find out what the strong-willed, stubborn Rosie will do when you read Confessions Of An Angry Girl. An exhilarating, emotion-packed teenage read.
     I liked this book very much, it was pretty different from the things I have read before. It is definitely a book every teenager in high school should read. Louise Rozett did a very good job, the pace is quick, and the setting is wonderfully described. The characters are normal, I understood Rosie's behavior, her father is dead, her mother is not there for her, and her brother is out of town.
     Rosie is a great main character, she is strong-willed, pretty and clever. I could relate to her, and feel everything she felt. All I can say is, Rosie  is someone that I want to be friends with! But I guess I should say this, I gave this book three and a half cupcakes , because I love action! And there wasn't much action in this novel, but it was still very enjoyable!
     I am not-very-patiently waiting for the second book in this captivating series, Confessions of An Almost Girlfriend, it's coming out in 2013. If you are in student, and you want to read a compelling book about the ups and downs of high school, then you should utterly read Confessions of An Angry Girl...

8 comments:

  1. I'm seeing this book all over the blogosphere it's time I get my hands on a copy! Your review makes me so tempted, I mean, who can't relate to a angry freshman? >:) Though it's sad that there was a lack of action... Hope we won't have to wait long for the next book!

    I'm now a proud new follower of your blog, do drop by mine @ bookaworld.wordpress.com too!

    -Alicia
    bookaworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really great book, you should at it to your TBR list :)
      Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. This sounds really interesting but I thought it might be too whiny-stereotypical-teenagery but apparently not! Thanks very much for reviewing this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nape, it talks about bullying and other stuff, it's really good!

      Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. I really like the cover. Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep fliriting with the idea of requesting this title from NetGalley but I think I may just wait to read it when it's published. Great review though! You have such a cute blog btw I love the colours! +New GFC follower!
    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages
    P.S. Feel free to enter my giveaway if you stop by my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blog too, stopped by :)

      Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!