Review: Clarity by Kim Harrington


Name of book: Clarity (Clarity #1)
Author: Kim Harrington
Publication: March 1st 2011 - Scholastic Point
Genre: YA Fantasy, YA Paranormal
Source: E-book Owned

Clarity “Clare” Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It’s a gift.

And a curse.

When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare’s ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case—but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare’s brother—who has supernatural gifts of his own—becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture into the depths of fear, revenge, and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?


-- My Rating --


-- My Thoughts --

     I've had this e-book since forever, and I never got the chance to check it out! But since I am a night owl, I gave it a try, and it was pretty good!
    Clarity "Clare" Fern is a psychic, she can watch past memories when she touches objects. Her life has never been normal and her gift is not a secret. She, her brother, and her mother offer readings to tourists. Her brother is a medium, connecting to spirits when they are in the room. And her mother is a telepathic, she can read exactly what a person thinks at that same moment.
     Clare is annoyed at how the locals treat her, and how they call her a psycho. When her ex-boyfriend, Justin asks her to help the police investigate the murder of a teenage 18-year-old girl, Clare jumps at the chance to use her power for something good. And what's even better? She gets to work with the new trainee detective, the hot Gabriel.
     But as Clare and Gabriel unfold the mysteries surrounding this case, Clare gets some information that she doesn't want to know. Now, on top of all her work, she has to protect her family, too. Clare would do anything to protect her brother and mother, she'd lie, she'd use people, maybe she'd even kill! There is not limits, but who will save her when a murderer is our for her blood?
     Will Clare find out who killed the young teen? Will she be able to keep her family together? Who will she choose: The loyal Justin, or the hot-and-cold Gabriel? Find out the answers when you read the intriguing adventure of Clare in the first book in the  series, Clarity...
    I liked this book, I'll start with the good parts. The author created a wonderful mystery, you will bite your fingernails off while trying to know who is the murderer. OK, so now for what I didn't like: The storyline is a typical paranormal recipe, add a beautiful heroine, add two guys who are head over heels in it for her, create a love triangle, etc.... I am beginning to get disgusted of love triangles. But I didn't hate it that much, because I LOVED Justin, he is so loyal and loves Clare so much, I was hoping that she would choose him!
    Another thing that I didn't like was the setting, the author created something like this:
" She drove from street (a name) to street ( a name), then she turned right to street (another name) and stopped in front of the intersection between street (a name) and street (a name)" Gosh! I am not living in USA, how can I know which street is the one she is talking about? I got tired of the street names, but altogether it was forgivable...
    If you want an enjoyable and exhilarating mystery, with an ending you won't see coming! Then you should read Clarity, which is only the first book. The second book, Perception, is out! I can't wait to get my hands on it...

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Nice review! I love the cupcake rating system :-) I just followed you, and I'd appreciate a follow in return.

    Cheers,
    M.
    http://zigzagtl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, of course, I will return the favor :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds a bit too typical paranormal for my taste but I loved your review :)

    http://theteenagebookworms.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very typical but nice too.
      Thanks for stopping by

      Delete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!